Canadian Cancer Research Conference
The fourth Canadian Cancer Research conference was held from November 5-7, 2017 in Vancouver British Columbia. The goal of the conference was to:
- Showcase the breadth and excellence of Canadian cancer research
- Allow leading experts from across all areas of cancer research to exchange knowledge and share ideas to strengthen Canada’s research community
- Support new investigators to establish themselves in the cancer research community
New to the 2017 CCC:
- Enhance patient involvement in cancer research in Canada
The scientific program which spanned all research pillars showcasing the breadth of cancer research consisted of plenary sessions, concurrent sessions and poster sessions featuring national and international researchers across the cancer research spectrum. Plenary session topics included:
- The Burden of Cancer
- Cancer and the Immune System
- Metabolism and Cancer
The presentation of the CCRA Awards and a public lecture were also included as part of the 2017 CCRC. A number of satellite meetings and workshops hosted by various organizations were also held during the conference. Additionally, the Patient Involvement in Cancer Research Program (PIP) held its inaugural meeting at the 2017 CCRC. Over the course of four days, 14 patients, caregivers, and patient group representatives attended sessions within the scientific conference as well as their own tailored sessions and debriefs with scientific mentors.
Thank you to all the 2017 CCRC Supporters for their generous contribution to the conference, ensuring its success.
Download the 2017 Scientific Program